Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 24 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/3 cup of chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can of red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper diced
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tbs. chili powder
- 2 tbs. cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Shredded cheese (optional garnish)
- In a medium sized pot over medium heat add in the olive oil, onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook until the mixture is fully cooked through about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the ground turkey and cook until fully cooked through, about 6-8 minutes, making sure to break the turkey up well.
- Add in the chili powder, cumin, Italian seasoning, dried oregano, and sugar. Mix well and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, red beans, jalapeño pepper, salt, and pepper. Mix well and bring the mixture up to a simmer.
- Cover partially and cook for an additional hour making sure to stir occasionally.
- Plate and garnish with cheese if desired and ENJOY!