For anyone that knows me, knows that I can eat breakfast foods for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. So even though I call this my breakfast bruschetta, you better believe that this has acted like lunch or even dinner bruschetta at times. I first became inspired to make this recipe after going to a bed and breakfast in VT a few years ago. I saw a photo of the most beautiful open faced breakfast sandwich on on the menu and without even reading what was on it I impulsively ordered. Well I am glad I did, because of my impulsive personality I was able to share with all of you something that I’m hoping you will enjoy as much as I do and will be able to make your own! ENJOY everyone!
Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 4 slices baguette of your choice
- 3 tbs. butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs. fresh parsley (divided)
- 4 eggs
- 2 strips bacon diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together butter, garlic, half the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture over baguette slices and bake 5-8 minutes or until edges of bread become golden brown.
- In the meantime add your bacon to a small skillet and cook on medium low heat until crispy. Using a slotted spoon remove the bacon from the pan reserving the bacon grease.
- Using the bacon grease fry the eggs to your desired cooking style (I love my yolks to be runny).
- Once the baguettes come out of the oven, top with bacon, egg, and the remaining parsley.