Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 Tilapia fillets cleaned and dried
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan
- 1 tbs. dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil for frying
- In 3 different bowl or dishes we will set up out dredging station. In one dish add in flour, salt, pepper, and pinch of dried parsley. In second dish add in egg, salt, pepper, and a pinch of parsley. And finally in the third dish add in bread crumbs, parmesan, salt, pepper, and dried parsley. Mix well to combine.
- Taking each tilapia piece one at a time, dip the fish in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and finally the bread crumb mixture. Repeat this step with the remaining fish and set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet with high sides add in your oil and let the temperature heat up. Lower the heat to medium low and add in your fish fillets, cooking about 4-5 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of your fish. Remove from your pan and enjoy!
Side note: I love eating this fish with my sweet potato wedges and a side salad. Both of which can be found on The Lazy Girls Kitchen!