I add in some veggies into my shrimp mixture however the veggies are completely optional. This recipe is really simple and really focuses on the flavors of the shrimp and veggies without overpowering them with outside flavors. I think that this dish really enhances the natural flavors of its star.. the shrimp .. and veggies if you choose.
- 1/2 lb. of shrimp
- 4 cloves of garlic (sliced)
- 1/3 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch of asparagus (optional)
- 1 cup of snap peas (optional)
If you decide to use asparagus make sure to cook it before adding it to the pan. The snap peas will cook in the pan but the asparagus will not be there long enough to fully cook through.
- In a skillet with high sides add in your olive oil, garlic slices, and red pepper flakes.
- Turn the heat on to low and let the oil infuse with the flavors of the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium and add in your shrimp cooking 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Add in your veggies at this point if you wish and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
This dish would be perfect with rice, quinoa, and even pasta. I like to go the healthier route and actually eat it with quinoa and sometimes even in a wrap. Enjoy everyone!!!