Prep time: 10 minutes
Rest time: 1 hour
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts cut into small cubes
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 2 eggs (divided)
- 3 tbs. of potato starch (if you do not have potato starch just substitute it for regular flour, the mixture will just not be as fluffy as if you used potato starch)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of canola or vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl add in your diced chicken, onions, salt and pepper. Mix well and leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- After an hour remove the mixture and add in the shredded carrots, egg yolks, and potato starch. Mix well and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl add in your egg whites and with a hand held mixer beat the egg whites until they start to form stiff peaks.
- Fold in the egg whites into your chicken mixture and mixing well and combining everything together.
- In a medium sized skillet with high sides add in your oil and put the heat on medium. Once the oil is hot enough, add in about 1/4 cup of the mixture in the pan making small pancakes. Fry about 3-5 minutes on each side (or until fully cooked through), remove on to a plate covered with a paper towel to absorb some of the grease and enjoy!