Be sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 90 minutes (Depending on weight of chicken, times will vary. Cook 20 minutes per lb.)
- 4-5lb. chicken cleaned and patted dry
- 4 tbs. butter cut into slices about 1/2 inch thick
- 4 springs rosemary washed and dried
- 2-3 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tbs. salt
- 1 tbs. pepper
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- 1 full head of garlic top cut off
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Put your chicken into your roasting dish starting with breast side up. Slip a few pieces of butter, diced garlic, and rosemary under the skin. Massage some olive oil, salt, and pepper over the chicken breast side up and then flip the chicken over breast side down.
- Under the skin put the remaining butter slices, diced garlic, and rosemary. Rub the remaining olive oil, salt, and pepper on this side of the chicken.
- Take the full head of garlic and stick it inside the chicken.
- Bake the chicken anywhere from 80 minutes to 100 minutes (depending on the weight of your chicken). I like to bake this chicken breast side down because I find that the the breasts are so much juicier this way, however you do not have to do that.
- Remove you chicken from the oven and Enjoy!!!!