Be sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-17 minutes
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream (if you don’t have heavy whipping cream just substitute for more milk)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with some liners.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave at 30 second intervals and set aside to cool.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder, set aside.
- In another medium sized bowl combine the the butter and sugar whisking until they are well combined. Add in eggs and mix well until combined with the sugar and butter. Add in the vanilla, milk, yogurt, and the heavy whipping cream once again mixing until everything is well combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients half at a time, making sure to mix well each time.
- Fold in melted chocolate chips into the batter making sure to mix well.
- Fill up the liners about 3/4 of the way and bake for about 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool and ENJOY!!!!!!