Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 7-8 minutes
Materials for cookies:
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
Process for cookies:
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in your softened butter and using a hand held electric mixer beat the butter until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add in the sugar and mix well until it is combined. Add in egg and vanilla and continue to mix.
- Once the mixture is nicely incorporated add in the salt, and baking powder and continue to mix.
- Add in the flour and mix until the flour is combined with the rest of the mixture. At this point the mixture should look like it is falling apart (watch video for better visual). Using clean hands combine the mixture with your hands until the dough has merged together.
- Remove from the bowl and wrap up in saran wrap. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and let it come to room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with some parchment paper.
- On a clean work surface sprinkle some flour and start to roll out your dough to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using a cutout of your choice, cut out some cookies and place them on your cookie sheet.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. Let cool completely before frosting.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium sized mixing bowl and using a hand held electric mixer add in your egg whites and beat until they become frothy.
- Add in the sugar in stages and continue to beat the mixture until it resembles the consistency of melted marshmallow. Don’t worry if you over mix, even if your frosting reaches stiff peaks it will set with out a problem.
- Frost your cookies, set aside for an hour or so to set and then ENJOY!
One Comment Add yours