Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 4-5 minutes
- 2 plantains cut into circles about 1/2 thick
- Vegetable oil (amount will vary according to pan size)
- Adobo (optional)
- Into your frying pan add in enough oil to cover about 1 inch of the bottom.
- Keeping the heat on medium low let the oil heat up.
- Once the oil is nice and hot add in a few slices of the plantains (do not put too many so that you do not overcrowd the pan and bring the temperate of the oil dow.). Cook until golden brown on each side.
- Remove from pan onto a paper towel lined plate. Using something with a flat bottom (I always use a glass) press down on the plantain until it becomes rather thin. Put back into the pan and cook for an additional 30 seconds or so on each side.
- Remove, sprinkle with some adobo and ENJOY!