Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips or melting chips
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (look below to see how to prepare this)
- 4 tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 cup nilla cookies broken up
- Spray a baking dish with some non-stick cooking oil and set aside.
- In a medium sized microwave safe mixing bowl add in the marshmallows and 2 tbs. of butter. Microwave for 60 seconds. If not fully melted microwave for 30 second increments stirring after each 30 seconds until the marshmallows have fully melted.
- Into the melted marshmallows add in the broke up nilla cookies. Mix well and spread as the first layer into your baking dish. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, spread about 1/2 cup or so of the sweetened condensed milk over the marshmallow mixture. Refrigerate for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl add in the melting chips and butter. Microwave for 60 seconds. If not fully melted, microwave for 30 second increments stirring after each 30 seconds.
- Spread the chocolate over the caramel mixture and refrigerate for an additonal 15-20 minutes.
- Cut into sqaures and ENJOY!!!
To make the sweetened condensed milk into a toffee remove the wrapping from your sweetened condensed milk can. Put the can into a pot that is about 3-4 inches taller than the can. Pour in enough water to cover the can about 1 inch. Bring the water to a boil and then turn down to a simmer. Cook for 3 hours rotating the can about every 30 minutes. Also make sure to keep an eye on the water as when the milk is cooking, the water will evaporate, so you will need to add in additional water. Make sure the water is hot so that it does not drop the temperature of the water in the pot. After 3 hours shut the burner off and wait to remove the can from the water until it cools. Do not open the can until it is completely cooled off!