Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 20 minutes plus 90 minute resting time
Cook time: 30-40 minutes
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast (or 2 1/2 tsp.)
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tbs. salt
- Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 sprig of rosemary diced
- Add yeast to warm water and set aside until it becomes frothy (about 5-10 minutes).
- In a large mixing bowl add in the flour and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Add in the yeast water to the flour mixture. Mix well first with a spoon and then finish up using your hands. Cover bowl with a dry kitchen towel and place in a warm place for 1 hour (the dough should double in size during this time).
- Lightly oil a cast iron skillet (if you don’t have one just use whatever skillet you own).
- Once the dough has doubled in size sprinkle the top of the dough with some flour, as well as your hands. Transfer the dough from the bowl to the oiled skillet. Cover loosely with clean kitchen towel and put in warm place for another 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the top of the dough. Using a knife make an X over the top of the dough. Sprinkle the top with the garlic and rosemary.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let bread cool completely, cut, and ENJOY!!!!