Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium sized butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 4 cloves of garlic (skin on)
- 1 lb. of spaghetti
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tbs. heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (more for garnish)
- Reserve 1/4 cup cooked pasta water
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with some aluminum foil.
- In a medium sized bowl combine butternut squash, chili powder, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, dried basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Mix well and toss in a single layer onto your baking sheet.
- Using the remaining mixture in the bowl toss in your garlic cloves and coat them in the remainder of the mixture. Place on the baking sheet with the butternut squash.
- Bake for 30 minutes tossing once midway through.
- In the meantime cook your pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup cooked pasta water.
- Once the squash is cooked all the way through remove the baking sheet from the oven. Remove the skin off the garlic and throw it into a food processor. Also add in the cooked squash and the oil drippings.
- Add in heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and pasta water. Blend until everything is smooth and combined. Add the mixture to the cooked pasta and mix well.
- Plate, garnish with extra red pepper flakes, and ENJOY!