Let’s be honest with each other. As much as I love being in the kitchen their are days where all I want to do is sit on the couch and eat ice cream. We all have those days and you know what, that’s ok! It’s time’s like these that I love recipes like this one. I don’t have to stay in front of the stove stirring and watching, I can just set and go. Whether you work, go to school, stay home with the kiddos, or just aren’t a fan of cooking, this recipe is perfect for you. Enjoy it and make it your own!
Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 4-8 hours
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 onion cut into half moons
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 /2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- In your slow cooker/ crockpot start with half of your tomatoes and jalapeño. Add in the onions, red bell pepper, and garlic. Sprinkle with the juice of half a lime.
- Place your chicken breasts on top and sprinkle both sides with chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Top the chicken with the remaining tomatoes, jalapeño, and lime juice.
- Cook 4-6 hours on high, or 6-8 hours on low.
- Serve over rice, or in a wrap and ENJOY!
Side note: My favorite way to eat this is in a wrap and sprinkled with some mozzarella cheese. If you try this recipe make sure to tag me on Instagram @the_lazy_girls_kitchen.