Valentines Day is coming up and as much as I’m looking forward to celebrating being single for yet another year, I am so much more excited to ENJOY these gorgeous little treats. But in all seriousness I want each and every single one of you to give these little gems a try. Whether it’s to celebrate the love of your life, be grateful for a friend that’s been there for you through thick and thin, or just to sit and indulge in being single as single can be, these are the treat that will help you achieve that. Make sure to tag me on Instagram @the_lazy_girls_kitchen and let me see your success stories!
Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
- 2 cups crushed oreos
- 4 tbs. unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 8oz bars of cream cheese (softened)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs (separated yolks/ whites)
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 2/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 count cupcake tin with some cupcake liners.
- Mix together 1 1/2 cup cups of crushed Oreos with the melted butter. Scoop in a tbs. or so of the mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner and bake for 5 minutes.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl using a hand held electric whisk start to mix the cream cheese until it’s smooth.
- Add in the the sugar, salt, and sour cream. Mix well to combine.
- Add in the egg whites and vanilla. Mix well and scoop mixture over the Oreo base about 90 percent up the liner. Bake 25-30 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- In a small sauce pan add in 2/3 cups of the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and egg yolks. Over low heat cook the mixture until it thickens, making sure to stir the entire time.
- Remove from heat and add in the chocolate chips. Mix until fully melted. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl whip the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream to stiff peaks.
- Take 1/4 cup of the cooled chocolate mixture and add to whipped cream. Mix well to combine.
- Take the remaining chocolate and fold it gently into the whipped cream.
- Fold in the remaining 1/2 cup of crushed Oreos and pipe the whipped cream mixture over your mini cheesecakes.