Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- Pasta of your choice
- 1 onion diced
- 4 tbs. homemade taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup homemade or store bought salsa
- 2 cups Mexican style cheese
- Reserve 1/2 cup cooking pasta water
My homemade taco seasoning:
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 tbs. chili powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tbs. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Cook pasta according to box instructions, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- In a large skillet with high sides add in the onion and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat 4-5 minutes until translucent.
- Add in the ground turkey and cook 5-8 minutes until fully cooked through. If your ground turkey renders any fat during cooking make sure to drain it.
- Once ground turkey is fully through add in 4 tbs. of taco seasoning. Cook 3-4 minutes making sure seasoning is fully distributed through.
- Add in cooked pasta, pasta water, and salsa. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook 15 minutes or util liquid has cooked through.
- Turn the heat off and add in your cheese. Season with additional salt and pepper if necessary. Stir in, plate, and of course ENJOY!