Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 lb. tomatillos
- 2 granny smith apples (cored and quartered)
- 1 cup cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 garlic cloves (skin on)
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbs. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- On your baking sheet place the tomatillos, apples, garlic cloves, onion, and jalapeño.
- Drizzle everything over with some olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until the veggies are roasted and brown a bit. Remove from oven and let these cool. Remove the skin from the garlic cloves.
- In a food processor or blender add in all the above ingredients and blend until smooth. Feel free to season to taste with more salt and pepper.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips, pita chips, or pretzels. Also great to top over fish or chicken. ENJOY!