Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20-30 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts (boneless/ skinless) sliced or cubed
- 2 crowns of broccoli separated into individual florets
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 1 tbs. sesame oil
- 1 tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs. soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 tbs. cornstarch (separated into 1 tbs and 1/2 tbs.)
- 1 tbs. freshly ground ginger
- 2 tbs. hoison sauce
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup of water, plus additional 3 tbs.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbs. vegetable oil
- Cooked white rice (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl combine the chicken with the sugar, sesame oil, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, 1 1/2 cloves of garlic, 1/2 tbs. ground ginger, 1/2 tbs. of corn starch, and salt to taste. Mix well and set aside to marinate for a few minutes.
- Taking 1/2 of water add in the remaining 1 tbs. of corn starch. Mix well and set aside.
- In a skillet with high sides add in about 2 tbs. of vegetable oil. Keeping the heat on medium high add in the broccoli, remaining garlic and ginger, salt and pepper to taste, and 3 tbs. of water. Cook until bright green but still crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from skillet to a clean plate.
- Add in remaining vegetable oil.
- Add in the cubed or sliced chicken along with the red pepper flakes. Cook until fully cooked through, about 5-6 minutes depending on the size of your chicken.
- Add back in the broccoli along with the hoison sauce. Mix well.
- Add in the cornstarch water and cook for a few minutes until your sauce thickens and becomes glossy.
- Check for seasonings and remove from heat.
- Top over rice (optional) and ENJOY!