Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8-10 minutes
Rest time: Overnight
- 2 cups chopped strawberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1/4 cup sugar (use less if your strawberries are sweet)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 block cream cheese softened
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- In a medium sized sauce pan add in your strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and water. Cook on medium/ high stirring occasionally until your mixture thickens, about 8-10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into clean bowl and set aside to cool completely. Do not proceed to the next step until your mixture is cooled completely!
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in the heavy whipping cream. Using an electric mixer whip until you reach stiff peaks.
- In a large mixing bowl add in the the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until the mixture is smooth and combined. Add in lemon zest and mix for a few seconds to combine.
- Fold the heavy cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in cooled strawberry sauce.
- Place mixture into freezer safe bowl and freeze over night.
- Before serving let sit at room temperature for a few minutes. It makes it easier to scoop. ENJOY!