Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- 4 slices bread of your choice
- 8 pieces American cheese
- Lunch meat of your choice (I like ham and turkey)
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 tbs. vegetable oil
- Salted butter
- In a small skillet over medium/ low heat add in 1 tbs. unsalted butter and vegetable oil.
- Once skillet heats up and butter melts add in the sliced onion. Cook 20-25 stirring often, until onions become golden and soft. If onions appear to burn turn the het down.
- Taking one piece of bread spread a generous amount of salted butter on it and place buttered side down.
- Place 2 pieces of cheese on top of the bread slice, followed by your lunchmeat, basil, cooked onions, and 2 additional pieces of cheese.
- Take another piece of bread and generously smear some salted butter over the top and place buttered side up over the cheese. Repeat same process with additional 2 pieces of bread.
- Heat up a griddle or skillet and place sandwiches buttered side down on the heat. Cook 60-90 seconds on each side or until cheese melts and outsides seems charred and crispy.
- Serve with some chips or fries (optional) and ENJOY!