- 5 cups flour sifted
- 5 eggs at room temperature
- 1 ounce fresh yeast at room temperature
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup whole milk at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 8-10 plums pitted and chopped
- In a large mixing bowl add in the sifted flour and make a small well in the middle.
- In a small bowl add in the eggs and gently whisk them together. Just enough to break up the yolks and mix them in with the whites.
- Pour the yolks into the well of your flower.
- Over the eggs pour in the sugar and crumble the fresh yeast over that.
- Pour in the oil followed by the milk. DO NOT MIX! Just cover with a clean kitchen towel and set aside for 45 minutes to 1 hour in a warm place to rise. If you are nervous that the dough will touch your towel then place a wooden spoon over the top of the mixing bowl and place the towel over it.
- After the dough has become frothy take your wooden spoon and mix everything together until everything is incorporated. The dough will be quite sticky so do not panic.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared rectangular cake pan (13.4″ x 9.4″) which you have prepped with some parchment paper.
- Using a spatula even the mixture out. It may appear to tough to work with but trust me when I tell you the outcome is unbelievable.
- Top with chopped plums (or any other fruit you’d like) and using your hand gently pat them into the batter.
- Place cake in a COLD oven. Turn the heat to 350 degrees F and let preheat. Bake 40-45 mintues or until fully cooked through.
- Let cool completely and ENJOY!