Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of bacon cut into small pieces
- 2 tbs. of shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbs. green onions chopped
- 4 slices of bread of your choice (I really love sourdough with this)
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with aluminum foil.
- Cut an avocado in half and take the pit out. Depending on size of avocado and size of your egg you may need to scoop some avocado out. If that’s the case I just use that as my topping towards the end. Place both avocado pieces in the muffin pan. This helps to stabilize the avocado and the egg to not pour out.
- Crack your egg open and fill it in the avocado. Top with salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes.
- While that is in the oven crisp up your bacon in a skillet and set aside.
- After 20 minutes take out your avocado and top with bacon and mozzarella and pop back in the oven for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is nicely melted.
- Remove from the oven, top with green onions and enjoy with your toast.