Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
- 2 tbs. of Olive Oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic diced
- 1/4 tsp. of dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. of sugar
- 1/2 cup of red cooking wine, or any red wine
- 1 28oz can of crushed tomatoes (I like to use the can with basil in it also)
- 1 3/4 cups of water
- 1 tbs. fresh basil torn (I would say 4-5 basil leaves)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized pot add the olive oil and preheat over medium high heat. Add the ground turkey and cook for 5 minutes or so until you do not see pink anymore.
- Add in the onion and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes until the onions cook down.
- Add in the red wine and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes and water. Stir well and add in the dried parsley and sugar. Let the mixture come up to a bubble and cover partially and lower the heat to low.
- Cook for 1 hour and 50 minutes stirring occasionally. After 1 hour and 50 minutes and in the fresh basil and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Turn the heat of and cover completely for 15 minutes and then ENJOY!!