Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 6oz box of jumbo shells
- Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of fresh spinach chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of meat sauce
- 1/2 tbs. dried basil
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium sized pot filled with water bring up to a boil and add a teaspoon of salt, add in jumbo shells and boil according to instructions on the box.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, spinach, onion, garlic, dried basil, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a casserole dish put a layer of meat sauce on the bottom to assure the shells will not stick to the dish. Now take each shell individually and stuff with 1 tbs. of ricotta filling.
- Continue to do this until you are finished, and then sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese, layer with more meat sauce, and finally one more layer of mozzarella.
- Bake for 1 hour and let sit for 10 minutes before enjoying!