I make lazy homemade noodles to go with this soup, but you can completely skip that step and cook whatever pasta you’d like and add it to your soup. On occasion I have actually eaten this with rice and it is quite delicious.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 9 cups of water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 tbs. of canola oil
- 1 8oz can of tomato sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs. fresh parsley
- 2 eggs (for the noodles)
- 4 tbs. flour (for the noodles)
- In a medium pot bring your water to a boil.
- In the mean time take your oil and put it into a medium frying pan, and add the onion and carrots. Cook until the onions become translucent (about 4-5 minutes).
- Once the water is up to a boil add in your bouillon cube to the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes before adding in your onion and carrot mixture, along with your tomato sauce. Turn the soup down to a simmer and cook for 7-8 minutes and allow to flavors to marinate together.
- After this point I bring the soup back up to a boil and add in the noodle mixture. (If you do not want to make your own noodles, skip this step and just cook some noodles separately and add into your soup mixture. If not ,here is what you need to do to make the noodle mixture).
- In a medium bowl combine the the eggs and flour. Mix until the mixture is smooth and the flour is nicely dissolved. Once the soup is up to a boil add in your noodle mixture, slowly moving the noodles that float to the top aside. Continue until your mixture is gone and then shut the heat off. Cover the pot of soup for 5 minutes and allow the flavors to come together before serving.
- Once plated sprinkle some fresh parsley and ENJOY!!!