Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
- 1 lb. of baby potatoes
- 4 slices of bacon (crumbled)
- Cheese slices (cut into 4)
- 1 cup Sour cream
- Green onion for garnish
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet with olive oil, set aside.
- After washing and drying off your baby potatoes you are going to cut into your potatoes slightly (we are essentially creating hassleback baby potatoes). Make 4-5 cuts if you can into each potato being careful not to cut all the way through. If your potatoes are rolling around on the pan feel free to cut the bottom of the potato just slightly to make the bottom flatter and make sure the potatoes are still during baking.
- After you have cut into all of your potatoes you are going to put them into a large mixing bowl. To that you are going to add your olive oil, salt, pepper, dried parsley, and oregano. Mix well and assemble onto your baking sheet into a single layer making sure the cut side of the potato is the side facing up.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes (baking time may vary slightly depending on the size of your potatoes).
- While the potatoes are in the oven you will be able to prep your bacon. In a medium sized skillet put your bacon and fry until crispy. Once done remove onto a paper towel and crumble bacon into little pieces.
- After 40-45 minutes of baking remove the potatoes and slip a piece of cheese into a few slits of your potato and put back into the oven for 5 minutes or just until the cheese becomes nice and melted.
- After you remove your potatoes from the oven it is now time to assemble. Each potato is then covered with a dollop of sour cream, a pinch of bacon, and a few pieces of green onion. Now it’s time to serve and Enjoy!