Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 2 cups of meat sauce (I use my homemade meat sauce which you can find on my website, or you can use whatever meat sauce you’d like)
- Lasagna noodles
- Ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves chopped finely
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in your ricotta, egg, parmesan cheese, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well until everything is nicely incorporated.
- Take a small casserole dish and spray the bottom with some olive oil. Now it’s time to assemble our lasagna.
- Start with a layer of meat sauce (just enough to coat the bottom and sides of the casserole dish). Then layer down your lasagna noodles, ricotta mixture, meat sauce, and continue this process until you are done making sure your last layer is the lasagna noodles.
- Once again coat the top of the lasagna with a small amount of meat sauce and finish off with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and place into your pre-heated oven for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour remove the lasagna and let sit for 15 minutes before digging in.