Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- About 2 cups of cooked pasta
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 2 scallions
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella (and some extra for coating the top)
- 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbs. of olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 slices of bacon chopped into little pieces
- Pre-heat your oven 425 degrees and grease a pie plate with some olive oil.
- Add the olive oil into a medium sized skillet. Add in your onions and mushroom. Cook for about 5-6 minutes on medium-low heat, or until the onions become nice and translucent and the mushroom develop a nice golden brown color. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add in your eggs and mix to break up the yolks and combine them with the whites. Add in your scallions, jalapeño, both cheeses, pasta, and sautéed veggies. Mix well and sprinkle in some salt and pepper. Give the mixture a nice stir, and transfer it into your pie plate.
- Put into the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- While the pie is in the oven, take your bacon and using the same pan you used for the veggies, crisp up your bacon. Remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- After 25 minutes remove the pie and top with some extra mozzarella and the crisped up bacon. Put back into the oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove and ENJOY!!!