Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 18-20 minutes
- 1/3 cup of butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour (plus 1 tbs. for coating the strawberries)
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of whole milk
- 1 cup of strawberries chopped
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Take the strawberries and add 1 tbs. of flour. Mix slightly coating the strawberries and set aside.
- In a small sized mixing bowl combine the rest of the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in the butter and sugar. Using a hand held electric mixer mix until the butter and sugar are nicely combined.
- Add in the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients using a spatula to avoid over mixing the batter. Add in the strawberries coated in flour and do the same.
- Using an ice cream scooper or 2 spoons, scoop the batter into the cupcake liners, leaving about a quarter of an inch space from the top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes and set aside to cool.
Whipped Cream Materials:
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar
- Zest of half an orange (optional)
Whipped Cream Process:
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the whipping cream, sugar, and orange zest. Using an electric hand held mixer, mix for 5-6 minutes until you achieve the consistency of whipped cream.
- Using a piping bag or 2 spoons, scoop the whipping cream over the cupcakes.
- Top with a fresh strawberry if you’d like and ENJOY!!!!!!!!!