Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 4-6 minutes each batch
- 1 lb. of calamari (cleaned and cut into rings)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 1/2 cup of panko
- 2 eggs
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- vegetable oil (depending on skillet size amount will vary)
- Marinara sauce for dipping (optional)
- Set up your dredging station by putting flour in one bowl, eggs in another, and panko in a third bowl. To each bowl add in a pinch of salt, pepper, basil, and parsley. Mix well.
- Taking your calamari dip it into the flour, then the egg, and finally the panko.
- Continue this until all your calamari is coated.
- Into a skillet with high sides, on medium-low heat, add in some vegetable oil (about 3/4 of an inch).
- Once the oil heats up add in your calamari in batches and fry for about 2 minutes on each side, or until they turn a golden brown color.
- Once fully cooked through remove from pan onto a paper towel lined plate, allowing the excess grease to soak into the towel