Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 1/3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup of craisins
- 1 tbs. of brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with some parchment paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the oats, craisins, and salt. Give it a nice toss and set aside.
- Heat a small saucepan over low heat and add in the butter. Cook for a few minutes stirring often, until you see the butter turn a nice golden color. At this point add in your coconut oil, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and honey. Stir until everything has come together and remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture over the oats and stir well, making sure the mixture coats everything nicely.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the parchment-covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and give the mixture a nice stir.
- Bake for another ten minutes. Again remove the mixture and give it a nice stir.
- Bake for 10 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add in the chocolate chips and let the mixture cool completely.
- Once completely cooled, store in an air tight container and ENJOY whenever you’d like.