Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tbs. cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbs. vanilla paste/ or vanilla extract
- Pre-heat your oven to 275 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Either in a standing mixer or using a hand held mixer add in your eggs into your bowl and whisk until the eggs become frothy.
- Add in your cream of tartar and whish for another minute.
- At this point add in your vanilla, salt, and some of the sugar. Keep mixing adding in the rest of the sugar as you go.
- Mix until the mixture becomes white, glossy, and stiff.
- Using 2 spoons or a piping bag dollop the mixture onto you cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes and then shut the oven off. Do not open the oven door and leave the meringues in the oven for at least 5-6 hours. After 5-6 hours remove and ENJOY!