Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 9-11 minutes
- 2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbs. baking soda
- 2/3 granulated sugar
- 3/4 packed brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of butter at room temp.
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix slightly and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in both types of sugar and the butter. Using a hand held whisk and some elbow grease whisk the mixture until everything is well combined.
- Add in the vanilla and applesauce, mix well. Add in one egg at a time, mixing well after each egg.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and mix everything together.
- Using a spatially fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using two spoons or a small ice cream scooper drop round balls of dough onto your baking sheet, about 1 inch apart from each other. With your palm pat down the mixture slightly.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges.
- Cool on a wire rack and ENJOY!!!