Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
- 4 cups of fresh blueberries
- 2 pie crusts
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbs. corn starch
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 egg whisked with a fork (for egg wash)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and spray a pie dish with some non-stick cooking oil.
- In a large bowl combine blueberries, sugar, corn starch, and lemon juice. Mix well using a spatula and set aside.
- Place one pie crust at the bottom of the pie dish. Once the crust is nicely fitted against the dish, pour in the blueberries, and cover with second crust.
- Make several holes on top of the crust and using a pastry brush wash over the pie crust so that it gets golden brown and doesn’t burn.
- Taking pieces of aluminum foil cover the edges of the pie (watch the video for a better visual).
- Bake for 30 minutes with the aluminum foil on and then additional 10-15 minutes or until berries are fully cooked through with the aluminum foil off.
- Let cool and ENJOY!