Check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Ground turkey materials:
- 1 lb. ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 garlic clove diced
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
Ground turkey process:
- In a skillet over medium low heat add in olive oil and onions. Cook 4-5 minutes or until onions cook down and are translucent. Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute or two.
- Add in ground turkey and cook 4-5 minutes stirring constantly and breaking the turkey up with a wooden spoon (if your ground turkey renders a lot of fat make sure to drain it).
- Add in all the spices including the salt and pepper. Cook for an additional minute or two or until the spices are fully incorporated.
- Take off the heat, cover, and set aside.
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 tbs. flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 jalapeno diced
- In a skillet with high sides, over medium heat add in the butter and let it melt.
- Add in the flour and stir continuously for a minute, until the mixture resembles a paste.
- Add in the milk and bring the mixture up to a boil. Turn down the heat and bring to a simmer stirring constantly. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Shut the heat off.
- Add in cheese, jalapeño, salt, and pepper, and stir until fully melted.
- Your choice of nacho chips
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro diced
Nacho assembly process:
- In a bowl start with some nacho chips.
- Top with ground turkey mixture, cheese, tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro and ENJOY!