Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes
- 10 eggs
- 5-6 apples peeled and sliced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 7 tbs. water
- 7 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- Non-stick cooking oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and spray a baking pan with some non-stick cooking oil.
- Arrange cut apples in a single layer at the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add in the eggs and sugar and using a hand held electric mixer, mix well until everything is nicely combined and the eggs start to turn a pale yellow color.
- Add in the flour and baking powder and mix using either a hand held whisk or a spatula .
- Add in water and oil and continue to mix by hand until everything is nicely combined.
- Pour batter over layer of apples and smooth batter out evenly.
- Bake 30-40 minutes (I cannot stress enough how different oven vary in temperature so make sure you are checking on it) or until fully cooked through.
- Once cake is fully cooked through, remove the cake from the pan so that the apples are facing up, by flipping the pan over onto a clean kitchen towel and using the towel to roll the cake into a itself (watch video for better visual). Leave wrapped in towel until fully cooled off.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if you’d like and ENJOY!