Check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45-50 minutes
- 2 sheets store-bought puff pastry, thawed
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tbs. dried oregano
- 1/2 tbs. dried parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg with 1/2 tbs. water for egg wash
- In a large skillet with high sides over medium heat, add in 1 tbs. or so of olive oil. Add in onions, carrots, and celery, and cook until they start to cook down, about 5 minutes or so.
- Add in the butter and stir until it fully melts. Add in the flour and mix well for about 1 minute. Make sure to stir well to remove the floury and gluey taste from the flour.
- Add in the chicken stock and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes stirring often.
- Add in the heavy cream, peas, chicken, salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, and thyme. Cook for an additional 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- At this time pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Using non-stick oil grease a pie dish. Place one puff pastry sheet at the bottom of the pie dish, and then fill it with the chicken mixture. Cover with the second puff pasty sheet. Using your egg wash brush the top of the pie with the wash. Make a few slits to the top of the pastry sheet to prevent air bubbles and explosion.
- Place the pie dish on a cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the dough has fully cooked through.
- Let cool for 5 minutes to allow the filling to set a bit and then ENJOY!