Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 box of bowtie pasta
- 1 cup of pancetta diced
- 1 cup of shredded parmesan
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup of peas
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tbs. dried parsley
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Reserve 1/4 cup of cooking water for flavor
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a generous pinch of salt to the water. Add in the pasta and cook according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and set aside 1/4 cup of cooking water.
- On medium low heat, in a skillet with high sides add in the pancetta and cook until crispy, about 8-10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add in the onions and cook 4-5 minutes or until they nicely cooked down. Add in the garlic and cook for another minute or two. Add in the peas and cook for an additional minute to warm up the peas.
- Add in the cooked pasta, lemon juice, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and dried parsley. Mix well until fully combined.
- Add in some of the pasta water and shredded parmesan cheese. Mix well, plate, and ENJOY!