Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
- 2 pie crusts
- 7 apples cut into slices (I use 3 Granny Smith and 4 McIntosh)
- 2 tbs. flour
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tps. cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tbs. lemon juice
- 2/4 cups granulated sugar
- Zest of half and orange
- 1 egg (made into an egg wash) optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in the apples, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, sugar, lemon juice, and orange zest. Mix well and set aside.
- Arrange your first pie crust on the bottom of your pie plate pressing it against the sides of the plate.
- Add in the filling and cover with second pie crust. Make several incisions on the top crust to avoid air bubbles from forming inside the pie. Brush the top of the crust with your egg wash (optional).
- Cover the edges of the pie with some aluminum foil pieces and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and bake for and additional 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, and ENJOY!!!