Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Rest time: Over night
- 4 packages lady fingers
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Break up the lady fingers into 3’s and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium sized sauce pan add in the sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix well and add the warm water stirring everything together. Bring the mixture up to a simmer and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Pour the chocolate over the lady fingers and mix well. Place in a springform pan and level off. Place in the fridge and let set for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime pour the heavy whipping cream into a small sauce pan until hot, but do no let the mixture come to a boil. Pour the hot cream over the semi-sweet chocolate and let sit for 2-3 minutes. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the cake and let sit in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the outer layer of the springform pan, cut, and ENJOY!