Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10-20 minutes
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Cinnamon sticks (for garnish)
- In a mixing bowl whisk the egg yolks and sugar until fluffy and light in color.
- In a medium saucepan add in the milk, cream, nutmeg, and salt. Keeping the heat on medium/ high bring the mixture to a light simmer, making sure to whisk constantly. Once the mixture comes to a light simmer remove the mixture from the heat.
- Taking a tbsp. of the hot mixture at a time start adding it to the egg mixture mixing the entire time to temper the egg mixture before adding it to the hot milk mixture.
- Once you add in approximately half the mixture to the eggs, add that back into the hot milk.
- Mixing the entire time, turn the burner on medium high agian and cook until the mixture start to thicken (about 5-8 minutes).
- Remove from again and add in the vanilla. Mix well and let the mixture cool completely before placing it in the fridge. As the mixtuer cools it will thicken more.
- Serve in a pitcher with some festive glasses and cinnamon sticks.