Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 11-12 tortillas
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 4.5oz can chopped green chilies
- 2 10oz cans enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp.cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Goya Cilantro cooking base (optional for garnish)
- Sour cream (optional for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet with high sides add in the olive oil and onion. Cook the onion 4-5 minutes on medium heat, until the onions become translucent.
- Add in the garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and parsley. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the green chilies, chicken, and salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Either in a microwave or on a grill pan heat the tortillas up. This makes them a lot easier to work with and stay rolled up.
- Taking a casserole dish add in a layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Taking one tortilla at a time spread some of the chicken mixture in the middle of the tortilla, followed by some mozzarella and sharp cheddar cheese. Roll the tortilla into a cigar and place at the bottom of the pan. continue to do this until the bottom of the pan is full. Cover the first layer with enchilada sauce and sprinkle the top with both types of cheeses.
- Continue the same process with the second layer.
- Bake 20 minutes covered and 10 minutes uncovered.
- Top eat enchilada with a tsp. of Goya Culantro cooking base and a dollop of sour cream.
One Comment Add yours
Oooh very yummy! Thanks for sharing! Following your blog for more 🙂 I just made a sour cream tart with cranberries and I really enjoyed it. Highly recommend 🙂