Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 25-30 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- 8 oz. of lard
- 3 cups of flour (plus additional for dusting)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream (separated)
- 3 1/4 oz. packets of active dry yeast
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 16 oz. of marmalade
- 1/2-1 cup of powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 380 degrees and line multiple baking sheets with some parchment paper (I use aluminum foil with a small spray of cooking oil to coat the foil).
- Taking half of the sour cream add in the dry yeast and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- On a clean working surface cut in your lard into the flour using a knife (watch video for visual).
- Add in eggs, sour cream, and sour cream and yeast mixture. Knead the dough with your hands until it’s no longer sticky. If you need to add additional flour to do this, do so.
- Taking 1/3 of the dough roll out the dough to about 1/4 in thickness. Cut the dough into squares (about 2in x 2in).
- Taking a small amount of marmalade place it in the middle of the dough. Fold 2 opposite sides of the cookies into the middle and place on your baking sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before rolling them in the powdered sugar. Make sure the cookies are still warm when rolling them in the sugar, this helps the powdered sugar stick to your cookies.
- Plate and ENJOY!