Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1-2 minutes each crepe
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (plush more to grease the pan)
Filling Materials (optional):
- Jam of your choice
- 2 cups farmers cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in the milk, egg, and salt. Mix well to combine. Add in the flour and mix until the flour dissolves. Place in the fridge 20-30 minutes.
- Add in vegetable oil and mix well to combine.
- Grease a medium sized skillet with some vegetable oil (because we add vegetable oil to the batter you should only have to grease the pan once, unless your crepes start sticking then feel free to grease it as much as you need).
- Cook about 1 minute on each side.
- Spread whatever filling you’d like and roll the crepe like a cigar or fold into 4’s if you prefer.
Farmers Cheese Spread Process:
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the farmers cheese, egg yolks, and sugar. Using a hand held electric mixer mix until mixture is smoothly combined.
- Spread over half of the crepe. Fold in half and then in half again.
- Enjoy as is or place back on the pan to make outside crispy and to melt the cheese slightly.