Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hr 30 minutes
- 10 eggs separated
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tbs. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 corn starch sifted
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar (separated)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line the outside and inside of a springform pan with aluminum foil. Grease the inside of your springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium sized saucepan over low heat add in the cream cheese, butter, and milk. Cook until cream cheese and butter has melted, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in the egg whites and cream of tartar. Using a hand help mixer start to whip the egg whites to stiff peaks adding 1/4 cup of the sugar gradually.
- In a large mixing bowl add in egg yolks and the remains 1/4 cup of sugar. Whip until pale in color. Add in the lemon juice and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Add in the corn starch and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the cool milk mixture and beat until combined.
- Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into your greased springform pan and place the pan into a larger rectangular pan.
- Boil some water and pour that into the larger pan about halfway up the pan (watch video for better visual).
- Bake 1 hour 20 minutes or until cheesecake is fully cooked through.
- Let cool and ENJOY!