Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Rest time: 1 hour
Cook time: 15-25 minutes
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups powdered sugar (plus additional for dusting)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbs. vanilla
- Jam of your choice
- In a medium sized mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well to combine.
- Add in the salt, baking powder, cinnamon and flour. Mix until everything is nicely incorporated.
- Separate the dough in half and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with some parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/8″ thickness on a lightly floured surface. Using a cookie cutter of your choice cut out your cookies. Using a smaller cookie cutter cut out your desired shape from the middle of half of the cookies (each cookie with a cut out should have a solid buddy). Bake 15-25 minutes or until cookies are golden brown around the edges.
- Let cookies cool completely and spread jam of your choice on the solid cookie and top with a cut out cookie.
- Sprinkle with some powdered sugar and ENJOY!