Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 4-6 hours
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes (use some water to clear out can and dump that into your crockpot as well)
- 2 tbs. tomato paste
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 can 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can 15 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbs. chili powder
- 1 tbs. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Sour cream and cheese of your choice (optional)
- Add in the crushed tomatoes and tomato paste into your crock pot and mix well to combine.
- Add in both types of beans, onions, bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, garlic, and corn. Mix well to coat the vegetables in the sauce.
- Add in the sugar, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Mix well. Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Top with sour cream and cheese (optional) and ENJOY!