Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb. ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 package taco shells
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Combine the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, cinnamon, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet add in the olive oil and onion. Keeping the heat on medim low cook until onion become translucent and are fully cooked through, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add in ground turkey (or beef if you are using beef) and cook on medium heat until fully cooked through, making sure to break up the ground turkey while it cooks. If your meat renders alot of fat make sure to drain it before proceeding to the next step.
- Add in the spice mixture and stir until it is evenly distrubuted throughout. Add in the water and simmer until it evaporates, stirring occasionally. This can take anywhere from 5-10 minutes so be patient.
- To assemble your tacos add in your groud turkey and top with cheese, tomatoes, and lettuce. ENJOY!