Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 90 minutes
- 1 medium sized head of cabbage core removed
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 large onions chopped
- 2 cups uncooked white jasmine rice
- 1 tbs. salt (plus more for cooking cabbage)
- 1 tbs. black pepper
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- Cook the rice according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium sized skillet add in the olive oil and onions. Cook on medium/ low heat until the onions become soft and translucent, about 5-8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large pot filled with water add in a generous pinch of salt. Bring the water to a boil and drop the cabbage into the water. After 2-3 minutes start to peel the cabbage leaves apart and place them on a baking sheet or plate (watch video for a better visual).
- In a large mixing bowl add in the rice, onions, ground turkey, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees and prep a casserole dish and some aluminum foil.
- Start by taking one cabbage leaf at a time and cutting off the hard top part of the cabbage leaf (watch video to get better visual). Take about 1/2 cup to 3/4 of a cup of meat filling and place it in the cabbage leaf. Roll the cabbage like a burrito and place rolled side down into the pan.
- Once done add in about 1/3 cup of water to the bottom of the pan and cover the pan with aluminum foil. Bake 60-70 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Remove from oven and ENJOY!!