Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1/2 cup pancetta diced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 large eggs
- 2 small shallots cut into half moons
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add in a generous pinch of salt. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a small mixing bowl add in the parmesan cheese, eggs, and heavy cream. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large skillet with high sides add in the olive oil and pancetta. Cook 4-5 minutes over medium heat until slightly crispy. Using a slotted spoon remove the pancetta from the pan and place on a clean plate.
- Using the same pan add in the shallots and cook 3-4 minutes until fully cooked through. Add in the garlic and cook 1-2 minutes, until nice and fragrant. Add the pancetta back into the pan.
- Add cooked pasta along with 1/4 cup of cooking pasta water. Shut the heat off and add in the parmesan mixture. Mix well though out the pasta making sure to work quickly so that you don’t scramble the eggs.
- Add in lemon zest, a pinch of salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and ENJOY!