Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
- 1 vanilla box cake
- Add in one additional egg
- Substitute oil for melted butter (double the amount)
- Substitute milk for water
- 1 tbs. vanilla
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbs. flour
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract or paste
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 4 oz bar semi-sweet chocolate or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line cupcake tins with liners (makes about 24 cupcakes).
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Fill cupcake liners 90 % of the way and bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool completely.
If you don’t want to add in the substitutions then just feel free to follow the directions on the box.
- Ina nonstick sauce pan add in all the ingredient and mix together well.
- Turn the heat on to medium low and cook until the mixture thickens, stirring the whole time. This may take a while so be patient.
- Transfer the mixture to a clean bowl and cover with plastic wrap, making sure the plastic wrap is touching the custard. Place in the fridge to cool.
- In a small sauce pan add in the whipping cream.
- Heat the cream till it’s hot but being careful not to boil the cream.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and set aside for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix well to make a delicious chocolate mixture.
- Take a spoon and scoop out the middle of the cupcakes.
- Scoop a tbs. or so of the custard into the middle of the cupcake and top with chocolate.